Bamboo Fishbowl

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Crickets…Not Rickets…

Blarg and I live in a 16 story apartment overlooking the river valley…I love the historic neighbourhood we live in…but what I do not love is crickets (no, not the game) I mean the wee grasshopper type thingies that are usually kept to feed reptiles (I hate snakes..).

Yes, crickets are in our apartment.

A month ago, I was in our bathroom and spotted a large black cricket cruising around the back of the toilet…upon being spotted it took evasive manoeuvres and quickly disappeared behind the rubber baseboard. When Blarg peeled back the baseboard, there was a hole leading to who knows where. Well, this past Monday morning I spotted a light brown cricket strolling down our hallways near the bathroom. The bathroom hole is clearly their secret way in…and obviously someone above or below us has a reptile that eats crickets...they are not very good at keeping the reptile food confined.

What to do, what to do...Call the landlord? Yup.

Kimdianna Jones

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

monofoam + hole = done

5:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn that autofill function for not working properly

5:10 p.m.  
Blogger Corinne Simpson said...

Did you ever read the book "A Cricket in Times Square"? I loved that book. It's said that if a cricket 'sings' in your home, it's an omen of good fortune.

No, really.

1:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home